Email marketing has been a core part of successful digital marketing strategies for decades. It is one of the first digital marketing avenues since the age of the internet began and having an email list for your Montessori school continues to be a powerful marketing strategy.
We live in a world where constant innovations and new platforms tend to make older digital marketing channels obsolete.
However, email marketing is still regarded as one of the most effective methods for you to reach your audience, grow brand awareness, and accomplish your marketing goals.
A strong email marketing strategy can help you connect with your target audience in a personalized manner that is likelier to provide you with more cost-effective, affordable, and efficient results. And it all starts with learning how to build an email list for your Montessori school.
What Is an Email List?
An email list is simply a list of email addresses of people who have shown interest in your school. You accumulate and grow your email list along with other important information about each contact to send content in the form of emails directly to them.
What Is the Importance of Building an Email List?
Building an email list for your Montessori school comes with several advantages, including:
You can easily connect with busy parents
Emails have more staying power than social media posts. In this day and age, parents are more likely to check and pay attention to their emails every day, but it’s possible for them not to give the same attention to their social media. When you make a post on social media, it might easily slip from their view, or fail to hold their attention.
However, emails have a more direct nature. Sending an email to a parent means that the message will be directly delivered to their inbox, and they will have a notification for an unread email that will stay there until they open the email.
You can personalize the message
Emails sent using the right system can let you customize your emails so that each recipient feels like it is a private conversation. Personalizing your emails can help you establish trust and build a connection with your audience.
How to Build an Email List for Your Montessori School
Now that you understand the importance and advantages of building an email list, let’s discuss how you can build one. Creating an email list is not limited to merely writing down email addresses. It is important to have a system that lets you store email addresses and additional information like their names, other contact information, and other relevant details that can let you personalize your emails for better engagement.
Figuring out how to organize the email list into different categories can narrow down your email marketing efforts to the most relevant target audience. Categories like “Parents of currently enrolled students,” “Parents of prospective students,” and “Parents of alumni” are good examples of different categories you can use to craft and send different emails to specific audiences.
- Once you figure out how to store and organize your email list, building an email list for your Montessori school can begin. There are several methods you can use to build an email list and grow it over time.
- The best place to begin building the list is by including a general inquiry form on your Montessori school’s website. Ideally, your website’s “Contact Us” page should include a form with different fields for parents to fill in. Keep the form simple and use it to collect essential information like their first and last name, phone number, and of course, their email addresses.
- You can include more fields to ask for additional information, like which program they are interested in, or the reason why they want to contact you. Additional fields can help you categorize the email list from the get-go but ensure that you do not make it an arduous task by adding too many fields.
- Follow up with the parents as soon as they fill out and submit a form. Parents who submit these forms are almost always interested in your school and could become part of your ideal target market.
- Offering lead magnets on your website is another excellent method to grow your email list. Offering something of value for free to website visitors in exchange for their contact information can be an excellent approach. The strongest lead magnet you could use for this purpose could be tuition rates for your school because it is one of the most important questions prospective parents have.
- Writing and maintaining a blog on your school’s website is another effective way to engage more visitors to your website. You can offer ways for interested readers to subscribe to your posts or newsletter, allowing you to add their email address to your list.
Key Takeaways on How to Build an Email List for Your Montessori School
From notifying parents of currently enrolled children about special events, to notifying parents of prospective students about upcoming admissions deadlines, you can use an email list for your Montessori school for a wide range of marketing and communications purposes.
There is a reason why email marketing is still so crucial to successful digital marketing strategies despite being one of the oldest marketing avenues today. It is a personal, easy, and effective way for you to connect with parents of existing students and grow your admissions by connecting with parents of prospective children for your Montessori school.
We hope that this guide on how to build an email list for your Montessori school makes it easier for you to explore this avenue to improve your Montessori marketing strategies.
Not Sure Where to Start?
If you feel overwhelmed by the prospect of doing all the work to create a successful email list for your Montessori school as part of a broader digital marketing strategy, we have you covered. At UX Studio, we can help your Montessori school thrive by providing you with tailor-made digital marketing solutions to drive more traffic to your website, increase your brand awareness, and boost admissions.